Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2005/11/18 16:57:02 UTC

[all] Commons Metadata (revisited)...

I have been looking through Commons Attributes trying to figure out if there
was a way to have it do what I want to do with "Commons Metadata", but I
haven't had any luck.  Basically, I want to come up with something like
Commons Logging, which would be a wrapper around different metadata APIs
(JDK5 annotations, commons attributes, etc.).  There needs to be a way to
provide metadata/annotation information for a class without necessarily
having the source code (which JDK5 and commons attributes require).