Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Marius Kjeldahl <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/22 14:59:31 UTC

Installing from source not working?

I'm following the instructions on
http://buildr.apache.org/contributing.html for
trying to install from source, i.e. "rake setup install", after checking
the code out from the apache git repo. It seems rake is unable to find
either task (setup, install). I'm looking at the Rakefile and can't find it
either.

I realize there are easier ways to install buildr, but I'm trying add
support for building Kawa (a JVM based scheme) programs, and would prefer
to do this using a base that at least works...

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or what needs to be done to be able to
build/install buildr from a local source tree?

FWIW, I'm on Ubuntu Linux 13.04.

Thanks,

Marius K.

Re: Installing from source not working?

Posted by Marius Kjeldahl <ma...@gmail.com>.
That works perfectly, thanks! The only thing holding back Kawa support now
is my incompetence..

Thanks,

Marius K.

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.