Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2013/08/20 15:28:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] CTS - Adding preferred names

An idea/suggestion to the Common Type System:
Add preferred/resolved names in addition to the CUI's/Codes.
Mainly adding some additional fields to save this information:
-Segement.preferredText<String>
-IdentifiedAnnotation.preferredText<String> or UmlsConcept.preferredText<String>

I believe this info should already be available, we just didn't save it in the CTS.

--Pei

RE: [DISCUSS] CTS - Adding preferred names

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Yes, making it optional would be a good idea.
People can toggle it on if you wish to avoid performing another lookup to get the preferred text further down stream...
I'll create a Jira for these.
--Pei

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.