Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org> on 2019/12/06 04:02:07 UTC

about Apache APISIX brand management

Hi mentors:

The users can install Apache APISIX via Luarocks[1] now.

Eg: `luarocks install apisix`

Currently this package manager uses my personal account. If Apache APISIX
graduates, is there a problem here? Any specific comments?

Here is the home page of APISIX in Luarocks:
https://luarocks.org/modules/membphis/apisix

1. https://luarocks.org/

--
*MembPhis*
My github: https://github.com/membphis

Re: about Apache APISIX brand management

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Currently this package manager uses my personal account. If Apache APISIX
> graduates, is there a problem here? Any specific comments?

Yes all of the PMC should have access OR is clear that this is not related to the project.

> Here is the home page of APISIX in Luarocks:
> https://luarocks.org/modules/membphis/apisix

IMO That page is not following branding/trademark policy and would need some minor changes. See [1][2][3] and it also contains incorrect information. You might want to ask branding and trademarks for their opinion.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/
2. https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#naming
3. https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#attributions

Re: about Apache APISIX brand management

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@gmail.com>.
I have updated the information on the Luarocks website right now.

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 2:18 PM Ming Wen <we...@apache.org> wrote:

> Yuansheng, any update for Luarocks?

Yes, I updated the information right now.

Please take a look.

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.