Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael <Mi...@bio-world.com> on 2005/07/19 22:37:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Speed

I have setup apache on RH 9.2 on local netowork and installed Mysql with PHP. I have also put e-commerce site just for testing and evrything is running slowely. I mean everytime the site queries the server it stopps for 2 seconds and loads the pages. WHat would be optizmized configuration for apache to run fast. I'm sure that this confuration because i used the same site on the wan on moreless same hardware and its flying the only problem is that i cannot look the confugration on that server. Please help

Re: [users@httpd] Speed

Posted by Michael <Mi...@bio-world.com>.
P4 2.0 Ghz 512 MB RAM
swap total 1012 used 44 and emory used 320 total 502

Re: [users@httpd] Speed

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Thom Hehl wrote:

> How much RAM? httpd and mysql are neither very large, but it sounds like
> you've exhausted virtual memory and are swapping yourself to death on
> your hard drive. Also, what speed is your hard drive.

It's far more likely to be the application than either of those standard
products.  But if it is indeed httpd and mysql, then you probably need
to be moving to the httpd-2.1/2.2 DBD framework, that uses SQL databases
hugely more efficiently than old-fashioned LAMP or CGI.

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] Speed

Posted by Thom Hehl <th...@nowhereatall.com>.