Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@peridale.co.uk> on 2016/02/15 00:35:27 UTC

Passing multiple jar files to spark-shell

Hi,

Is there anyway one can pass multiple --driver-class-path and multiple -jars
to spark shell.

For example something as below with two jar files entries for Oracle
(ojdbc6.jar) and Sybase IQ (jcoon4,jar)

spark-shell --master spark://50.140.197.217:7077 --driver-class-path
/home/hduser/jars/jconn4.jar  --driver-class-path
/home/hduser/jars/ojdbc6.jar --jars /home/hduser/jars/jconn4.jar --jars
/home/hduser/jars/ojdbc6.jar

This works for one jar file only and you need to add the jar file to both
--driver-class-path and -jars. I have not managed to work for more than one
type of JAR file

Thanks,

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABU
rV8Pw>
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUr
V8Pw

 <http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this
message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Technology
Ltd, its subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is
the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
therefore neither Peridale Technology Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their
employees accept any responsibility.

Re: Passing multiple jar files to spark-shell

Posted by Sathish Kumaran Vairavelu <vs...@gmail.com>.
--jars takes comma separated values.

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@cloudtechnologypartners.co.uk>.

Thanks Ted. I will have a look.

regards

--

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential.
This message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the
intended recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information
in this message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Cloud
Technology Partners Ltd, its subsidiaries or their employees, unless
expressly so stated. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure
that this email is virus free, therefore neither Cloud Technology
partners Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any
responsibility.

Links:
------
[1] http://50.140.197.217:7077
[2]
[3] http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/

Re: Passing multiple jar files to spark-shell

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Mich:

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@peridale.co.uk>.
Thanks Deng. Unfortunately it seems that it looks for driver-class-path as well :(

For example with –jars alone I get

spark-shell --master spark://50.140.197.217:7077 --jars /home/hduser/jars/ojdbc6.jar,/home/hduser/jars/jconn4.jar

spark-shell --master spark://50.140.197.217:7077 <http://50.140.197.217:7077>  --driver-class-path /home/hduser/jars/jconn4.jar  --driver-class-path /home/hduser/jars/ojdbc6.jar --jars /home/hduser/jars/jconn4.jar --jars /home/hduser/jars/ojdbc6.jar

Posted by Deng Ching-Mallete <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Mich,