Posted to user@spark.apache.org by roni <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/30 02:50:25 UTC

SVM regression in Spark

Hi All,
 I am trying to change my R code to spark. I am using  SVM regression in R
. It seems like spark is providing SVM classification .
How can I get the regression results.
In my R code  I am using  call to SVM () function in library("e1071") (
ftp://cran.r-project.org/pub/R/web/packages/e1071/vignettes/svmdoc.pdf)
svrObj <- svm(x ,
                y ,
                scale = TRUE,
                type = "nu-regression",
                kernel = "linear",
                nu = .9)

Once I get the svm object back , I get the -
 from the values.

How can I do this in spark?
Thanks in advance
Roni

Re: SVM regression in Spark

Posted by Evgenii Morozov <ev...@gmail.com>.
I don’t think there is such an algo.
Originally SVM is for classification, but there is some twicked version that do regression, but unfortunately this is not available in apache spark, AFAIK.

Re: SVM regression in Spark

Posted by roni <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Spark expert,