Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Siyanatullah Khan <cy...@yahoo.co.in> on 2015/07/22 12:25:39 UTC

Issues connecting apache syncope with apache DS.

Hi All ,
I am trying to connect the apache syncope with apache DS but my synchronizations have failed so far.I have posted a detailed query here Cannot Connect Syncope with Apache DS

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Cannot Connect Syncope with Apache DSI am facing an error while trying to add an apache DS backend to apache syncope. Environment Apache DS v 2.00-M20 Apache syncope v 1.2.4 OS Windows 7 64 bit I ... |
|  |
| View on stackoverflow.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

I will be extremely obliged if anyone can point me to the right  direction.
ThanksSiyanat

Re: Issues connecting apache syncope with apache DS.

Posted by Siyanat <cy...@yahoo.co.in>.
Fabio Martelli wrote
> Il 27/07/2015 09:21, Siyanat ha scritto:
>> Fabio Martelli wrote

>>> Hi Sijanat,
>>> looking at [1] it seems that you can have some trouble with acces rigth
>>> read permission.
>>>
>>> 36 	LDAP_ALIAS_DEREF_PROBLEM 	Indicates that during a search operation,
>>> either the client does not have access rights to read the aliased
>>> object's name or dereferencing is not allowed.
>>>

>>> Please, try out an ldapsearch by using credentials specified in your
>>> configuration.
>>> Probably your flag is something like as "-a always".
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> F.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=LDAP_Error_Codes#gsc.tab=0
>>>
>>> --
>>> Fabio Martelli
>>>
>>> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
>>> http://www.tirasa.net/
>>>
>>> Apache Syncope PMC
>>> http://people.apache.org/~fmartelli/
>> Hi Fabio,
>>
>> Thanks for your input. I have tried an ldap search from command line with
>> the defined credentials , it is working fine.
>>

>> C:\Users\esiykha\Projects\SFTP\Software\unboundid-ldapsdk-2.3.8-se\tools>ldapsea
>> rch --hostname "localhost" --port 10389 --bindDN "uid=admin,ou=system"
>> --bindPas
>> sword "secret" --baseDN "o=sevenseas" --scope "sub" "(uid=cbuckley)"
>>

>> # Connected to localhost:10389
>> dn: cn=Cornelius Buckley,ou=people,o=sevenseas
>> uid: cbuckley
>> userPassword: {SHA}nU4eI71bcnBGqeO0t9tXvY1u5oQ=
>> givenname: Cornelius
>> objectclass: organizationalPerson
>> objectclass: person
>> objectclass: inetOrgPerson
>> objectclass: top
>> cn: Cornelius Buckley
>> sn: Buckley
>> mail:

> cbuckley@.mod

>> manager: cn=Horatio Nelson,ou=people,o=sevenSeas
>>
>> # The search operation was processed successfully.
>> # Entries returned:  1
>> # References returned:  0
>>
>> # Disconnected from the server
> Hi, thank you for your feedback.
> BTW, please, try to dereference aliases.
>> Probably your flag is something like as "-a always".
> Regards,
> F.
>
> --
> Fabio Martelli
>
> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> http://www.tirasa.net/
>
> Apache Syncope PMC
> http://people.apache.org/~fmartelli/

Hi Fabio ,

Thank you for the update. There was no de-referencing option in unbound SDK
so i downloaded openLDAP for windows and tried the de referencing option
from there , this is working as expected

C:\Users\esiykha>ldapsearch -h localhost -p 10389 -b o=sevenseas -D
uid=admin,ou
=system -w secret -a always "(uid=hnelson)"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <o=sevenseas> with scope subtree
# filter: (uid=hnelson)
# requesting: ALL
#

# Horatio Nelson, people, sevenseas
dn: cn=Horatio Nelson,ou=people,o=sevenseas
uid: hnelson
userPassword:: e1NIQX1uVTRlSTcxYmNuQkdxZU8wdDl0WHZZMXU1b1E9
givenname: Horatio
objectclass: organizationalPerson
objectclass: person
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
objectclass: top
cn: Horatio Nelson
sn: Nelson
mail: hnelson@royalnavy.mod.uk

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

Re: Issues connecting apache syncope with apache DS.

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Siyanat <cy...@yahoo.co.in>.
Fabio Martelli wrote

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.