Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2014/11/18 19:38:09 UTC

Checkstyle preference on imports for javadocs

I'm going through our checkstyle warnings to try to bring things down.

Once of the things getting flagged is unused imports for imports that are
only used in javadocs.

The checkstyle docs on this[1] recommend using fully qualified class names
in such javadocs to avoid introducing a compile dependency just for docs.

I can either update our checkstyle config to count these imports as used,
or I can update our usage guide and the current violators.

Do we have a preference for either of these options?

[1]: http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_imports.html#UnusedImports
--
Sean

Re: Checkstyle preference on imports for javadocs

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. update our checkstyle config to count these imports as used

I would vote for the above option.