Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Cohen <ap...@gej-it.com> on 2003/02/19 04:17:41 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] How to make the Apache Httpd (for windows) not to stop when user logs off

The only thing that will help you to do so is to install Apache as a system
service. The command for it:
Apache -k install

In case you need Apache to run as a different user, install the system
service, get into the services in the control panel and double-click on
Apache2 service, choose log on as a user and specify the user and the
password you wish Apache to use.

P.S.
Make sure the user that you are specifying has the permissions to "Log on as
a system service" and "Log on locally" in the system's policy.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen