Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Clough, Samuel (USPC.PRG.Atlanta)" <Sa...@princetonrg.com> on 2007/07/16 21:56:59 UTC

Wrong number of Arguments Error

I'm looking for any help I can get on debugging a "wrong number of
arguments error."  I'm getting from a cxf service hosted via the
embedded Jetty server.  We just started a new project and used XFire for
the web services and then ripped it out and put in CXF and don't have
much experience with either so I'm definitely on the wrong end of the
learning curve.  Anyway, for one service that takes an simple object as
a parameter is constantly throwing "wrong number of arguments"  The
stack track points all the way down the Sun reflection calls.  I've
tried stripping out the boolean and Date properties until I'm left with
just 7 String properties and I'm still getting the error every time the
service is called.  Does anyone have any idea how I can debug this
further?  I just can't find what is causing the problem and I've spent
about 7 hours on this now.  Other calls on the same service class work
fine and if I strip the parameter class down to just one or two string
properties it works.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Princeton Retirement Group, Inc - Important Terms
This E-mail is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any location where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation, or which would subject Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. or any affiliate to any registration requirement within such location.
This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. Access, copying or re-use of information by non-intended or non-authorized recipients is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute any portion of this E-mail.
The transmission and content of this E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we cannot represent that the information in this E-mail is complete, accurate, uncorrupted, timely or free of viruses, and Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. cannot accept any liability for E-mails that have been altered in the course of delivery. Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. reserves the right to monitor, review and retain all electronic communications, including E-mail, traveling through its networks and systems (subject to and in accordance with local laws). If any of your details are incorrect or if you no longer wish to receive mailings such as this by E-mail please contact the sender by reply E-mail.

Re: Wrong number of Arguments Error

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Is this a "java first" case or a "wsdl first" case?   Are there headers
or soap w/ attachments involved?   Also, is it a "wrapped"
doc/lit, "bare" doc/lit, or rpc/lit?

If it's a java first case with a wrapped doc/lit endpoint, can you try
running java2wsdl with the "-s dir" flags to generate the wrapper types.
That SHOULD work better.

Is there anyway you can send along the wsdl and the service
interface/class?   (You can send to me privately if that's preferred)

If I can get a reproduceable test case, it should be much easier to
debug.

Dan

On Monday 16 July 2007 15:56, Clough, Samuel (USPC.PRG.Atlanta) wrote:
> I'm looking for any help I can get on debugging a "wrong number of
> arguments error."  I'm getting from a cxf service hosted via the
> embedded Jetty server.  We just started a new project and used XFire
> for the web services and then ripped it out and put in CXF and don't
> have much experience with either so I'm definitely on the wrong end of
> the learning curve.  Anyway, for one service that takes an simple
> object as a parameter is constantly throwing "wrong number of
> arguments"  The stack track points all the way down the Sun reflection
> calls.  I've tried stripping out the boolean and Date properties until
> I'm left with just 7 String properties and I'm still getting the error
> every time the service is called.  Does anyone have any idea how I can
> debug this further?  I just can't find what is causing the problem and
> I've spent about 7 hours on this now.  Other calls on the same service
> class work fine and if I strip the parameter class down to just one or
> two string properties it works.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
IONA