Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Nicolai Kamenzky <ka...@inf.fu-berlin.de> on 2006/04/20 21:49:31 UTC

Question about some internals

Hi Subversion-team!

I'm wondering about what data Subversion saves of a file with several
versions.
(I mean the underlying versioning file system...)

For example we have version 1.0 through 1.5. For each version there
has to be
some saved data.
Which of those are the complete file and which are only deltas?

I would save version 1.0 as the complete file and version 1.1 through
1.5 as deltas
of 1.0 and 1.x. Bad idea isn't it? ;)

Regards,
Nicolai

Re: Question about some internals

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 4/20/06, Nicolai Kamenzky <ka...@inf.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi Subversion-team!
>
> I'm wondering about what data Subversion saves of a file with several
> versions.
> (I mean the underlying versioning file system...)
>
> For example we have version 1.0 through 1.5. For each version there
> has to be
> some saved data.
> Which of those are the complete file and which are only deltas?
>
> I would save version 1.0 as the complete file and version 1.1 through
> 1.5 as deltas
> of 1.0 and 1.x. Bad idea isn't it? ;)

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/skip-deltas

HTH.  -- justin