Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Panos Garefalakis <pa...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/15 23:08:16 UTC

Apache ORC 1.6.7 Release

Hello all,

Keeping up the momentum from the recent backwards compatible Spark release
(1.6.6), I would like to propose a new 1.6.7 release as the fist compatible
version for Apache Hive!
To achieve this, the community had to resolve a number of issues including:

* ORC-705 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ORC-705>: Predicate
evaluation taking into account writer calendar
* ORC-706 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ORC-706>: Putting back
DataReaderProperties default maxDiskRangeChunkLimit
* ORC-709 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ORC-709>: Boolean to
StringGroup schema evolution
* ORC-724 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ORC-724>: PPD: IN single
value comparison throwing ClassCastException with Date objects

As of yesterday Hive precommit tests are also passing using the latest
1.6.7-SNAPSHOT version and Hive community is already discussing the upgrade
-- check HIVE-23553 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-23553> for
the implementation details.

Is there anything else that should also go in?
Please let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Panagiotis

Re: Apache ORC 1.6.7 Release

Posted by Panos Garefalakis <pa...@gmail.com>.
That's great!
Thanks for volunteering for the release and triggering the tests
upstream Dongjoon :)

Cheers,
Panagiotis

Re: Apache ORC 1.6.7 Release