Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/27 06:19:26 UTC

Installing application with DEPLOYMENT.MF

Hi,

I think I've ran into a problem with deploying a resolved application.
Application that has DEPLOYMENT.MF with exact bundle versions (e.g.
deployed-version=1.0.0).

The OBRAriesResolver.getBundleInfo(String, Version) is called during
application installation to get the location of a bundle with the
exact version as specified in DEPLOYMENT.MF. However, looking at the
code, the filter that's generated to query the OBR only specifies a
minimum version (i.e. &(version >= 1.0.0)) instead of a range (i.e.
&(version >= 1.0.0)(version <= 1.0.0)). So that means that it is
possible for getBundleInfo() to return information for a bundle with a
higher version then requested. And that totally breaks the purpose of
the DEPLOYMENT.MF.

Did I miss something or is this a nice bug?

Jarek

Re: Installing application with DEPLOYMENT.MF

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
I opened ARIES-667 for this problem.

Jarek

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.