Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ole Dalgaard <jo...@giraffen.dk> on 2002/03/26 10:19:51 UTC

Serialization performance

Hi,

I was performance testing the SocketAppender and found it too slow and
CPU intensive.So I made some changes to LoggingEvent.
LoggingEvent is now Externalizable instead of Serializable. This should
be compatible with JDK 1.1 as well.
My performance measurements give me 30-50% more throughput.

BR
Ole Dalgaard

Re: Serialization performance

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Hi all,

This is one of the forgotten gems. Note that the messages dates to
back to March 2002! Is anyone interested in integrating this
enhancement? If not, I'll do it in the next few days.

Here is a reference to Ole Dalgaard's message in the archives:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-dev&m=101713440819704&w=2

--
Ceki Gülcü