Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/03/14 08:48:51 UTC

Update for 2.2b1

Hi,

Just a little update to keep people informed.

We almost have Maven working for all the turbine builds and we'll work
out the last glitches today. We have also made Maven easier to use: you
will now only have to install Maven once and it will work for all your
projects. We ended up putting the build files used by Maven in the
$ANT_HOME/maven directory. The builds for turbine-2, torque, fulcrum and
stratum are all working with this single set of build files.

The TDK will be ready to go. I believe we are going to opt for the 'cvs
layout' mode where the projects generated by the TDK will look much like
the layout that scarab has. We will also allow the definition of your
servlet container 'home' so that the generated TDK app will land in your
preferred container if you don't want to use the one supplied with the
TDK.

Torque and Fulcrum are now working as subsystems and will run with
turbine-2 thanks to Martin and Eric. I have tested Torque in the TDK and
Martin has tried running a Fulcrum service with Turbine 2.

We have a Scarab installation up and running and we're banging it around
a bit to try and get it ready for our 2.2b1 release. Things are looking
good so it looks like we'll be eating our own dogfood :-) Thanks to Dan
and Jon for getting this up and running. We'll let you know when Scarab
will be open for business. I believe we will be the first OSS project to
use Scarab for real. Yaay!

I am also trying to get the reactor working in Maven so that site
publishing and nightly builds will be dealt with properly. Not sure if
I'll have this ready for the 2.2b1 release but it will be ready for the
2.2 release for sure.

Thanks to everyone who has pitched in, I think we're on track for
Monday's beta release.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Update for 2.2b1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 03:05, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 3/13/02 11:48 PM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com> wrote:
>
> > We ended up putting the build files used by Maven in the
> > $ANT_HOME/maven directory.
>
> I would rather not modify my existing Ant installation if I can help it. It
> makes upgrading that much more difficult because I end up having to remember
> what I modified in my previous installation.
>
> Please put them in something like ~/maven instead.

Sure, no problem. Didn't think about that and it's a good idea. I also
have 3 different versions of Ant that I use to try various things. Good
catch.

> -jon

jvz.

Jason van Zyl