Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Digumarthi, Prabhakar Venkata Surya" <Pr...@capitalone.com> on 2016/08/03 02:14:04 UTC

Using automatic brokerId generation

Hi ,

I am right now using kafka version 0.9.1.0

If I choose to enable automatic brokerId generation, and let’s say if one of my broker dies and a new broker gets started with a different brokerId. Is there a way I can get the new broker Id part of the replica set of a partition automatically?  Or is that I need to run the
kafka-reassign-partitions.sh script for that to happen?

Thanks,
PD

Re: Using automatic brokerId generation

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.
You have to run kafka-reassign-partitions.sh script to move partitions to a
new replica id.