Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Bill Stackhouse <bi...@verizon.net> on 2010/03/08 01:23:09 UTC

HSSFSheet.setAutoSize

Might be a developer kind of question here.

After setting all text cells in a column, calling setAutoSize usually
sets it to a width that is too narrow.

It appears that HSSFSheet.setAutoSize uses '0' as the default character
width. The Verdana Plain 10 font on the Macintosh has a width of 6. 'W'
and 'm' both are 10 and '%' is the widest at 11.

Shouldn't this be changed from '0' to '%'?

BTW I do see it setting the width correctly using Helvetica Plan 10, but
not with Arial Plain 10 which is the default font.

Thanks
Bill

Re: HSSFSheet.setAutoSize

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
Hello Bill,

Yes, that is a developer issue really and you can either post to that list
or simply wait a while; it is quite common for the developers to check the
user list. I do know that most of the developers are currently very busy
with their 'proper' jobs and it may well be that you will not receive an
immediate response.

Yours

Mark B