Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2000/12/11 11:31:28 UTC

internals

As I understood the sitemap directs
a request to a matched generator.
If the generator is of type "serverpages"
the XML file is translated into a java
class representing this XML file as a
mixture of coded SAX events and XSP:logic.
All these SAX events enter a pipeline
where they can be transformed.
As the last transformation step they can
be handed out to Xalan to transform the
the events via XSL(T) into HTML.
As the last step these resulting events
get serialized into an ASCII reprensentation
that is returned to the browser.

What I'm trying to do is some kind of
page wrapping/aggregation. (I'm wondering
if this is the same idea that you guys talked
about as content aggregation)

Re: internals

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 11:31:28AM +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> What I'm trying to do is some kind of
> page wrapping/aggregation. (I'm wondering
> if this is the same idea that you guys talked
> about as content aggregation)

It is indeed exactly what we're talking about :) Your best bet
is probably to wait for content aggregation to come live, or
better still, help to implement it. I think the discussion
stalled somewhat, so we need to bring it back from the dead.

Guys -- where did we get to?

Paul

--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>