Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Skye King Laskin <sk...@talentinterests.com> on 2013/02/15 22:38:39 UTC

Epic cause and company.

I have been retained by the VP of Engineering, with Progreso
Financiero - a very unique, profitable start-up and technology company
based in Menlo Park, to continue to build out the strongest technology
team. Knowing the high bar that VMware uses, I feel that any of you
now looking for an unique and fulfilling challenge would likely fit
with our team well.The company has received aprox 115M in funding, are
now profitable, productized and scaling rapidly!

Progreso Financiero (www.progressfin.com) aims to be the partner of
choice to the 23 million underbanked Hispanics in the United States
who need access to responsible and empowering financial products and
services. Unlike mainstream institutions, Progreso Financiero provides
loans without collateral to clients who lack credit history by using
its sophisticated risk-scoring system that emphasizes a client's true
capacity to afford a loan. Progreso Financiero engages with customers
in their neighborhoods, in their language, and with familiar faces
from the community to build relationships of trust that lead to a
lifetime of growth and prosperity.

Progreso Financiero(PF) is at a critical point in pivoting from a
financial services mindset into a technology company that provides
financial services. This is a brand new position and an opportunity to
design and build modern data-driven algorithms and machine learning
models leveraging batch + real-time distributed systems to infer risk
associated to a potential customer. PF has an incredibly talented team
of engineers who dream of data, simple user experiences and the
endless possibility of applying new tech to build the algos and
internal / consumer facing platform to enable socially responsible
lending practices -- from scratch.

Founded in 2005 - the business stemmed from a Stanford Graduate School
of Business project. Progreso Financiero is essentially micro lending
on a massive scale. It is a *for profit- company committed to social
responsibility. To date the company has extended over $400M in capital
to underserved Hispanic families. The company has over 70 locations
across CA, TX

Currently, we have several openings across various levels (Senior,
Staff, Principle and Architects) in the following areas: Data & Risk,
Core Engines & Ops and Consumer Facing Apps.

P.S. Our comp packages rules! Base + Bonus + Equity

Ideal candidate will need to hit the ground running

Command domain expertise

Having an opinion/ point of view is important.

Attitude musts:

Self starter

Self organizing

Identify and attacks task without prompting.

Please see attached JD's

Let me know your thoughts. Happy to set up a time to provide
additional details on the company and opportunity.

Thanks
--

Skye King Laskin
Sr. Strategic Technical Sourcer, TalentInterests

Re: Epic cause and company.

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com>.
Please use other channels for recruiting.  If you specifically have jobs
for Apache contributors, try jobs@apache.org

This mailing list is for other purposes.

Re: Epic cause and company.

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com>.

Re: Epic cause and company.

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com>.