Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by chaitanya b <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/17 07:56:53 UTC

How to save the selected radio choice option in wicket

Hi,
I am new to Apache wicket. Can you please help me how to get the selected
radio choice option in wicket.I have to save the some recruitment form with
some fileds which we have to give dynamically .I have a static dropdown
with list of form fileds like text filed, text area, radio button, check
box.  when i select the textbox and text area , the values are saved
successfully with the correct values which i have given.  Now  requirement
is when i select the radio button in the static drop down, by clicking the
submit  i have created the radio buttons with list of input  values for the
radio button options which i have given dynamically. But i didnt get the
value which i have selected when saving that form. Am getting the null
value when saving the form  I did not get what the exact problem

Re: How to save the selected radio choice option in wicket

Posted by "Richard W. Adams" <RW...@UP.COM>.
Conceptually, it's no different than any other form control. You associate
the control with a named property in your model, & when the form is
submitted that property will be populated with the chosen value. If the
user hasn't chosen ANY value, yes, you can get null.

From:   chaitanya b <ha...@gmail.com>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   05/17/2012 12:57 AM
Subject:        How to save the selected radio choice option in wicket

[...]

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**

Re: How to save the selected radio choice option in wicket

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Your solution should work the way it is. It's likely that you have a
problem with form's submission.  Are you sure that when you press 'save'
button the form is submitted? And are you sure that radioButton has been
added to the form that should be submitted by 'save' button?

Posted by chaitanya b <ha...@gmail.com>.
The following is just sample code
private static List<String> GENDER =null;
    private String[] separatedvalues =null;
    private String selected="Male";

    public ComponentRadioButtonField(RecruitmentFormFieldsDetails details,
PropertyModel<String> propertyModel, String mode) {
        add( new Label( "name" , details.getFieldName()) );
        if(details.getDefaultValue().contains(COMMA)){
             separatedvalues = details.getDefaultValue().split(",");
        }
        GENDER = Arrays.asList(separatedvalues);
        add( new RadioChoice<String>("radioButton", new
PropertyModel<String>(this, "selected" ),GENDER ).setSuffix(""));

        In the RecruitmentFormFieldsDetails , we are maintaining all the
fields(like radio buttons, check boxes, text filed...). Whenever we clicked
the corresponding field, we are providing an option
        to enter the input values dynamically with comma separated values.
After saving the form, The registration form will be ready with this fields
what we have added in the recruitment form.
        At the time of registration, i entered the answers in the
registration form and click the save button , the value which i was
selected for the radio button was not saved in db.

        corresponding html page is

        <wicket:panel>
        <label wicket:id="name" >label</label>
    </wicket:panel>

Re: How to save the selected radio choice option in wicket

Posted by "Richard W. Adams" <RW...@UP.COM>.
Just like anything else: You put the desired value in your model & Wicket
handles "selecting" the correct button.

Posted by chaitanya b <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Property 'selected' is not setted according to the selected GENDER? Does
property 'selected' remains null when you press 'save' button ?

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Hi,

can you show the code you use to build radio buttons?