Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2019/12/02 16:32:25 UTC

Log4j 2.13.0

I have finished all the work on new features I wanted to add for the next release. The latest feature I added is Log4j 2 will now support Log4j 1 xml and properties file configurations.  I have flagged it as experimental - it either requires a system property to explicitly enable auto detecting log4j 1 config files or it requires the log4j.configuration system property to point to a log4j 1 configuration.  Not all appenders are supported. For example, the Log4j 1 socket appender serialized the log event using Java serialization. We know that is a security risk and don’t recommend it.  The JDBCAppender is Log4j 1 can’t be mapped to Log4j 2’s JdbcAppender and I didn’t want to bring in the actual appender code. But I think the support should be good enough for a lot of use cases.

I will be going through PRs and Jira issues over the next couple of days to see what low hanging fruit there is. I need to do a release sometime this week though as I am planning to use some of these features at work.

Ralph

Re: Log4j 2.13.0

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
And I’ve still been doing most of my work in the master branch lately, so I
have nothing outstanding to merge for this release.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Log4j 2.13.0

Posted by Carter Kozak <ck...@ckozak.net>.