Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Karthz <sk...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/20 19:32:26 UTC

Exchange Timeouts

How do I configure (total) timeouts for exchanges?

I have different components in the routes, and I do not want to configure
component timeouts. What I need is, to configure a total timeout so that any
exchange would stop/exit the route if it times out.

Thanks.

-----
- Karthz

Re: Exchange Timeouts

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@gmail.com>.
I would suggest you assign a timestamp and an expiration time to
properties on the exchange at the beginning of the route, then use
intercepts to check the exchange as it gets processed.

http://camel.apache.org/intercept.html

Don