Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Goh <gc...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/15 02:56:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.0.4 issue

Hi,

  I try to get the PHP working with Apache 2.2, after I add the following line in httpd.conf file, then start the apache and got the following error.  Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

  LoadModule php5_module        modules/libphp5.so

  thanks!

  httpd: Syntax error on line 54 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: API module structure `php5_module' in file /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.0.4 issue

Posted by dw...@gmail.com.
Jim Goh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to get the PHP working with Apache 2.2, after I add the following
> line in httpd.conf file, then start the apache and got the following
> error.  Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.
>
> LoadModule php5_module        modules/libphp5.so
>
> thanks!
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 54 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> API module structure `php5_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so is garbled - perhaps this is not
> an Apache module DSO?

> http://mail.yahoo.com

hi again,
i'm very simple minded about all this; i read something yesterday
morning around 3am about making a dso from a dll file.  considering the
hour i didn't get into the piece.  so am i supposed to convert the dll
into a .so file?  what tools do i need to do this, where can i get them,
and are they available in open source?

regards,
dwain

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.0.4 issue

Posted by Jim Goh <gc...@yahoo.com>.
hello david,  the following .so created automatically after i installed the php from sunfreeware.com site.

  I am running Solaris 9 on sparc.

dwain.alford@gmail.com wrote:
  Jim Goh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to get the PHP working with Apache 2.2, after I add the following
> line in httpd.conf file, then start the apache and got the following
> error. Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.
>
> LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
>
> thanks!
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 54 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> API module structure `php5_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so is garbled - perhaps this is not
> an Apache module DSO?

> http://mail.yahoo.com

hi jim,
thanks for the tip. how do i convert the dll to a dso. what tool(s) do
i need to accomplish this feat? is there an indepth article that you
could suggest that would explain the steps needed to convert the dll to
a dso?

thanks,
dwain

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football ’06 - Go with the leader. Start your league today!