Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by David Glick <dg...@cox.net> on 2003/05/15 21:17:54 UTC

Detecting removal of a sampler

Hi,

I'm designing JMeter extensions to support my client's execution environment,
and one of the capabilities that I'm building is for each sampler to register
with a global listener so that the listener can query the sampler for
specific properties at a later time.  In order to do this, the sampler
invokes a static register() method on the listener when it is instantiated.
Now I need the sampler to invoke the unregister() method when it is removed
from the tree.  I'm thinking about overriding the setNode() method in
AbstractJMeterGuiComponent and adding a tree listener that can detect when
the sampler is removed.

Is this the best way to detect removal, or is there an easier way to do so?

Thanks for any help,

David Glick
Transmit Consulting, Inc
619-475-4052
dglick@transmitconsulting.com

Re: Detecting removal of a sampler

Posted by David Glick <dg...@cox.net>.
Thanks, Mike, I'd be happy to.  Unfortunately, I don't know either the IRC
chat room nor your IM handle.  If you wouldn't mind supplying me with one or
the other, I'll start up a direct dialog.

Thanks for your help,

David

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
> [...]

that
> > does the work you need, and make a one line addition to Remove.java
that
> > calls your class.  Then, in the future, your class registers to receive
> > events instead of this direct call.
> >
> > Similarly, you can modify Load.java and AddToTree.java to detect when
> > Samplers are added.
> >
> > I highly recommend inserting your code at these points instead of in the
> > tree listener.  These classes are simpler, and much more decoupled from
the
> > rest of JMeter - should make your job easier.
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> > On 15 May 2003 at 13:02, David Glick wrote:
> > > Thanks, Mike.  Unfortunately, I'm stuck with 1.8.1 for this iteration and
> > > won't be looking at migrating in the near future.  Given this, is there
> > > any other implementation I should be looking at, or would you

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688