Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by J T <jt...@googlemail.com> on 2010/10/01 09:37:03 UTC

Secondary Indexes and Super/SubColumns, is it possible ??

Hi,

I've managed to get secondary indexes working on Normal Columns. I've even
managed to get multiple IndexExpressions to work when querying.

However, its not clear to me

1) If I should be able to have a secondary index on a sub-column of a
super-column

2) Assuming 1 is supported, how to specify it in the column_metadata section
of the yaml

Jason

Re: Secondary Indexes and Super/SubColumns, is it possible ??

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:37 AM, J T <jt...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've managed to get secondary indexes working on Normal Columns. I've even
> managed to get multiple IndexExpressions to work when querying.
> However, its not clear to me
> 1) If I should be able to have a secondary index on a sub-column of a
> super-column

No, this isn't supported.

--
Jonathan Ellis