Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2013/08/01 18:44:33 UTC

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I would like to get released.
>
> This release represents a *huge* amount of work done by the community (639 fixes) which
> includes several major advances including:
> # HDFS Snapshots
> # Windows support
> # YARN API stabilization
> # MapReduce Binary Compatibility with hadoop-1.x
> # Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in the ecosystem
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc0/
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.0-beta-rc0

+1 (non-binding).

As usual I built the entire Bigtop based on this RC of Hadoop
and ran the battery of smoke tests with secure and unsecure
configuration.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. The blocker bug from a previous RC where NN would consistently OOM
seems to have disappeared. I'll update the JIRA accordingly.