Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Adam Fowler <Ad...@ideagen.co.uk> on 2004/04/20 11:24:10 UTC

WIKI user section...

Hello all,

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to collect the "how to do x with
geronimo" stuff, along with future admin oriented setup and app developer
oriented config stuff into a section on the main WIKI page called "User
information".

"How to run petstore" is an obvious example, but I thought it might be an
idea to have a special user oriented area for less technical info about app
deployment etc. for app developer weenies like myself. I'm perfectly willing
to do the work and create the area and some placeholders for obvious topics
we'll want to cover eventually.

Alternatively, are we going to have a user/admin oriented docs section on
the website (I've noted the one at
http://www.apache.org/~jstrachan/geronimo/ ) to hold a full install guide as
opposed to a per module guide?

Also it looks like this user section could do with an FAQ page. Shall I
knock one up with some simple questions so people in the know can answer
them when they've got a moment?

Alternatively I could create a UserManual WIKI page thats not linked form
the frontpage for now to show what I mean?

Is this ok with everyone?

Thanks chaps,

Adam.

This email and any files attached is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, including any attachment, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to verify this e-mail and any attachments to it to be virus free as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this e-mail.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with virus detection software.