Posted to dev@shenyu.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/17 15:51:32 UTC

Share SkyWalking tools, license checker(skywalking-eyes) and e2e test framework(skywalking-infra-e2e)

Hi

During this ALC Beijing offsite dinner, we have time to share what we are
doing in the SkyWalking community with IOTDB and Shenyu, also with several
committers of other podlings and TLPs.

I am happy to forward these updates to more friends in the ASF.

These 2 tools are generally available and suitable for all ASF/OpenSource
projects.

1. SkyWalking eyes, https://github.com/apache/skywalking-eyes
This is a subproject established by several SkyWalking PMC members and
committers, who have fully experienced SkyWalking's incubating journey, and
suffered the difficulties of checking licenses.
So, we learned from it, and like all OSS people liked, build a tool to make
daily life easier.
This tool is focusing on license header check/fix and dependency
resolving/analysis(Polishing) for Java/NPM/Golang
This project has been adopted by Java, Golang, Rust OSS projects in and out
of ASF.

2. SkyWalking Infra e2e, https://github.com/apache/skywalking-infra-e2e
SkyWalking Infra E2E is the next-generation End-to-End Testing framework
that aims to help developers to set up, debug, and verify E2E tests with
ease. It’s built based on the lessons learned from tens of hundreds of test
cases in the SkyWalking main repo.
This shows to people who are wondering how the SkyWalking community to run
IT testing in cluster mode with various cluster coordinators and storage
implementations.
This is more technical rather than general open source

___

We are welcome to have your feedback about these tools, try them, and take
part in enhancing them.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: Share SkyWalking tools, license checker(skywalking-eyes) and e2e test framework(skywalking-infra-e2e)

Posted by XiaoYu <xi...@apache.org>.
Hi
 Apache ShenYu will used skywalking-eyes to check for licenses

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2021年9月17日周五 下午11:52写道:

Posted by Liming Deng <de...@apache.org>.
Great tool! We have already used skywalking-eyes in ShenYu. see
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shenyu/pull/2104 and We will try to
participate in enhancing these tools in the future. Thanks for your sharing.