Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/06 19:29:55 UTC

Name for org.apache.logging.log4j.message.Message.getMessageFormat()

Hi All

Can we rename Message.*getMessageFormat*() to *getFormat*()?

Especially considering that the subinterface
org.apache.logging.log4j.message.MultiformatMessage defines *getFormats*()

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Name for org.apache.logging.log4j.message.Message.getMessageFormat()

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I'm not surprised.  Nothing does much of anything with the unformatted message.  I suppose it would be good to have the methods just for code coverage.

Ralph

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.