Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bojke <bo...@aim.ac.yu> on 2004/03/04 17:33:05 UTC

optionsCollection struts 1.1

Hi,

I don't  see optionsCollection in struts1.1
Is there optionsCollection in struts1.1?

I have ArrayList as property of FormBean. ArrayList is collection of
beans. Beans of course has a propreties.
Does anybody know how to dislpay e.g bean property beanName using
html:options
in drop-down list.

Thanks,
Bojan

Re: optionsCollection struts 1.1

Posted by bojke <bo...@aim.ac.yu>.
as as wrote:

>Good explanation.Then any way to set a default value show up in the list...onthe jsp page...
>
>Thanks
>
>yoge <yo...@adventnet.com> wrote:
>

>For the above to work, your FormBean should have a property *conditions*
>with type as Collection.
>The coditions should be collection of properties and each should have
>two property Label and Value for display and value for the tag.
>
>In short , conditions property should contain collection of JavaBean
>given below
>
>public class Option
>{
>String label ="";
>String value = "";
>
>public String getLabel()
>{
>return label;
>}
>public String getValue()
>{
>return value;
>}
>public void setLabel(String temp)
>{
>this.label=temp;
>}
>public void setValue(String temp)
>{
>this.value=temp;
>}
>}
>

>Hope this helps
>
>--Yoge
>

>bojke wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I don't see optionsCollection in struts1.1
>>Is there optionsCollection in struts1.1?
>>
>>I have ArrayList as property of FormBean. ArrayList is collection of
>>beans. Beans of course has a propreties.
>>Does anybody know how to dislpay e.g bean property beanName using
>>html:options
>>in drop-down list.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Bojan

>Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!

Yes, it helps.
Thans guys,

Posted by as as <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by as as <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by yoge <yo...@adventnet.com>.

For the above to work, your FormBean should have a property *conditions*
with type as Collection.
The coditions should be collection of properties and each should have
two property Label and Value for display and value for the <option> tag.