Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@micropole-univers.com> on 2004/06/01 12:06:44 UTC

Re: [configuration]ConfigurationXMLDocument and release

Oliver Heger wrote:

> I had another look at the failing unit test for
> ConfigurationXMLDocument, but I don't see any way to make this class
> compatible with SubsetConfiguration with reasonable effort. I am pretty
> optimistic that this problem can easily be solved with the more
> hierarchical approach planed for the future. So I would again recommend
> to remove this class for the 1.0 release.

I agree with the removal for the 1.0 release, once I get the write
access to CVS I plan to create a 1.0 branch and remove the class there,
it will remain on the trunk though.

> Are there other open points to solve before a release can be published?

There are a few bugs to consider before the 1.0 release :

28274 Use of enum as variable
27747 ClassCastException not thrown by getBoolean()
27775 Comma-escaping and backslash-parsing
28660 Lists in a CompositeConfiguration
26534 JNDIConfiguration and union configuration

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [configuration]ConfigurationXMLDocument and release

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <sm...@lfjr.net>.
Oliver Heger wrote:

>> 28274 Use of enum as variable
>> 27747 ClassCastException not thrown by getBoolean()
>> 27775 Comma-escaping and backslash-parsing
>> 28660 Lists in a CompositeConfiguration
>> 26534 JNDIConfiguration and union configuration
>>
> I think 26534 can be considered as fixed. The problem why I reported
> this bug has been solved. JNDIConfiguration works now with union
> configuration as is demonstrated by a unit test for ConfigurationFactory.
>
> Oliver

Ok thank you I'll close the bug. 28274 and 27775 are fixed, I'm
currently working on 28660. Once I review 27747 next week we should be
ready for a release candidate 1.

I'm also tempted to commit my SystemConfiguration and its <system/>
element for the ConfigurationFactory, configuration through system
properties is a common usage, it would make sense for the initial release.

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [configuration]ConfigurationXMLDocument and release

Posted by Oliver Heger <Ol...@t-online.de>.