Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/25 06:12:36 UTC

Re: Clean up of our PRs and IEPs before 2019

Igniters,

 I would like to resume a discussion about PRs cleanup. Additionally
to concerns provided earlier some TC Bot operations are slowed down
due to a huge amount of open PRs.

As time has passed, I ask you all again to share an opinion about
centralized cleanup of obsolete PRs. Also, a precise criteria to
consider PR as obsolete is a subject for dicsussion as well.

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Clean up of our PRs and IEPs before 2019

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Ivan,

Thank you for bumping this topic.

I consider PRs for resolved or closed tickets are obsolete and I close it
from time to time.

TC Bot shows which PRs related to closed and resolved, so it is possible to
enter your GitHub ID at PRs page and see which PRs are not needed.

Also, committers could close PRs opened by other contributors.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Anton,

Teamcity Bot shows JIRA status in addition to a link to PR, so once PR
count is 100 instead of 1200 we easily can clean up it from time to time.
Just the same way with cleaning up git branches in the Apache repository.

I do this cleaning time to time and its not a problem. Just like I've
closed https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/6575 now. The issue now is to
clean the main part of PRs opened during years in ASF.

Sincerely

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.
Peter,

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.
Anton,

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.
Folks,

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Maxim,

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Clean up of our PRs and IEPs before 2019

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <ma...@gmail.com>.
Folks,

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Alexey,

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.
The long period totally reduces the discontent and outrage of community
members (if you reduce to 2-6 weeks it could be intersected with human
events of most part of contributors like vacation, birthdays, wedding, spam
filters and etc.), believe me (I have the same experience as I mentioned)

From the other hand, what the real reason to reduce it to the shorter

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Alexey,

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Clean up of our PRs and IEPs before 2019

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Yes.

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
NIkolay,

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: Clean up of our PRs and IEPs before 2019

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Ivan.