Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "Vikash Talanki -X (vtalanki - INFOSYS LIMITED at Cisco)" <vt...@cisco.com> on 2013/10/07 23:41:11 UTC

Sqoop Day light Saving time mismatch

Hi ,

I am trying to import a table that has a date field in oracle.
After Importing , I see that for some dates there is a mismatch of time by 1 hr.
I think this effect is due to day light saving.

When I import the same table using Oraoop, I am getting the correct field data.
Please let me know if there is any way around to achieve the same result in sqoop as Oraoop.

Regards
Vikash T
+1 (408)506 2024

Re: Sqoop Day light Saving time mismatch

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
I believe that you can set desired timezone using oracle.sessionTimeZone property, e.g.:

  sqoop import -Doracle.sessionTimeZone=America/Los_Angeles --connect ...

Is this what you're looking for?

Jarcec