Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jane Chen <jx...@yahoo.com> on 2011/05/20 20:24:52 UTC

Setting Config Property in OutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs().

I need to save some data in the job config as part of OutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs(), and have it propagated to map tasks.  It seems that the property is saved correctly when OutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs() is run, but it can't be found in the map tasks.  Any idea why that's the case?

Thanks,
Jane

Re: Setting Config Property in OutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs().

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Which version of Hadoop are you on?

This ought to work as long as you're making configuration changes
directly into the JobConf reference the OutputFormat gets passed to.
How're you doing the changes?

--
Harsh J