Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk...@att.com> on 2009/12/15 20:08:03 UTC

How can I deploy build-time enhanced classes in Eclipse?

This may be mostly an Eclipse issue, but perhaps this is a common issue.

In order for me to be able to use build-time enhanced classes, and
deploy this to WebLogic from within Eclipse, I have to be able to run
the Ant task to enhance the classes, which writes the modified class
files to a separate folder, and then my project has to know to get those
enhanced classes instead of the unenhanced classes.  In my "Libraries"
section, I've added that folder as a library.  In the "Order and Export"
section, I moved that folder to the top of the list.  I believe this
means that it will reference that directory earlier than later
directories.  When assembling the WAR, I would hope that means that it
would copy the class directories into the WAR in reverse order, so the
one at the top is copied last.

I tried doing an "export" of the WAR file, then I examined the class
files that should have been enhanced, and it was clear that they were
the unenhanced class files.

Or, is it just impossible to do this, and do I have to completely
assemble the WAR file from Ant and directly deploy that, instead of
running projects in Eclipse?

RE: How can I deploy build-time enhanced classes in Eclipse?

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk...@att.com>.

I don't believe I had any trouble with that aspect of it.  I built up a
"path" variable with the path that the enhancer needs, and I specify
that in the taskdef.  It works fine.

> 2. By default, enhancer overwrites the *.class files.

Acknowledged.  I prefer to have steps which generate modified class
files write them to a separate tree, and then merge them later.

In any case, my development process for this requires doing the Ant
build, and then the redeployment.  Fortunately, I've gotten used to the
keyboard shortcuts to make this easier to do.

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.