Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Sharma, Jaikumar" <ja...@barco.com> on 2006/04/24 14:40:13 UTC

[M2] - Third party artifact installation / parse error in POM

Dear Maven users,

I was just trying to install an third party artifact into the local
repository, it got installed but when M2 tries to parse the pom, I get the
following error.
Did somebody have already faced this error or have an idea ?

Regards, Jaikumar

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: jboss.transaction.client:jboss-transaction-client

Reason: Error getting POM for
'jboss.transaction.client:jboss-transaction-client' from the repository:
Unsupported Protocol: 'C':
  jboss.transaction.client:jboss-transaction-client:pom:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 <http://repo1.maven.org/maven2> )

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Apr 24 18:03:43 GMT+05:30 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/7M
[INFO]

BM__MailAutoSig_________________________________________

Jaikumar Sharma

Sr.Software Development Engineer

Barco Control Rooms

A-5, Sector - 5,

Noida. India 201 301.

Tel +91 120-2421-651 to 659  Ext.313

Fax+91 120 2421 691

 <http://www.barco.com/> http://www.barco.com

 <ma...@barco.com> mailto:jaikumar.sharma@barco.com

- - - - - - - DISCLAIMER- - - - - - - -
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is
privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or
attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the
company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this
information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message. Thank you.

Re: [M2] - Third party artifact installation / parse error in POM

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Hi,

two remarks:

1. Regarding the unsupported protocol error:

Can it be that you have specified a local file system repository somewhere (project pom,
settings.xml) like this:

<url>C:/PATH/TO/REPO</url>

and forgotten to put the protocol part in front ('file://') so it tries to interpret your
drive letter as a protocol?

2. Regarding the not found pom

when you install an artifact to your local repository by hand you need to provide a self
written pom (-DpomFile=mypom.xml) or tell maven to generate a stub pom
(-DgeneratePom=true). Otherwise it tries to fetch the pom from Ibiblio and of course fails
doing so.

-Tim

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Run M2 again with the -e parameter (mvn -e ...) to get more details
about the error.

Wayne