Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2013/11/22 11:52:24 UTC

Advice us on what to do with LGPL licensed MetaModel extras

Hi all,

At Human Inference (and in the old eobjects.org community of MetaModel) we
have a number of small projects/modules that provide the capability of
Apache MetaModel to connect to these additional datastore types:

 * SAS datasets (.sas7bdat files)
 * dBase databases (.dbf files)
 * MS Access databases

For various reasons, these modules could not be Apache licensed, so they
have to live on somewhere else with the LGPL license. Right now they're
individually available at different SVN locations etc. etc... I would like
to see if we can clean that up a bit and make a package available with a
name like "MetaModel extras".

Obviously without any commitment from the Apache community, I wanted to ask
if anyone had any preference as to where and how we publish these modules.
I am thinking we might do something like putting them on GitHub, and for
now still use package name and Maven group id like "org.eobjects....".

Kind regards,
Kasper

Re: Advice us on what to do with LGPL licensed MetaModel extras

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Nice, thanks Kasper.

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Advice us on what to do with LGPL licensed MetaModel extras

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Thanks!

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Advice us on what to do with LGPL licensed MetaModel extras

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
Noah Slater