Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dwayne Miller <dm...@espgroup.net> on 2001/12/11 22:38:35 UTC

Use of AddHandler

I'm confused on how to use the AddHandler directive.

I've written a module, loaded it, and it seems to get called for every
page requested.  Do I need to determine if the page is something I want
to handle or pass on?  I thought the AddHandler directive is used to
tell apache which file types I would like to see.  If so, how do I
register my module with the appropriate type used in AddHandler directive?

TIA
Dwayne

Re: Use of AddHandler

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"Dwayne Miller" <dm...@espgroup.net> writes:

> I'm confused on how to use the AddHandler directive.
>
> I've written a module, loaded it, and it seems to get called for every
> page requested.  Do I need to determine if the page is something I
> want to handle or pass on?  I thought the AddHandler directive is used
> to tell apache which file types I would like to see.  If so, how do I
> register my module with the appropriate type used in AddHandler
> directive?

For now you must look at r->handler to see if you just decline to
handle the request immediately.  Look at status_handler() in
mod_status.c.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...