Posted to user@ant.apache.org by James Griggs <jw...@hotmail.com> on 2007/09/23 04:15:55 UTC

Iterating a class list

I am looking for way to iterate through a property that contains a semicolon
delimited list of libraries (jars).  The property could contain zero or more
items.  What I wish to do is to break the list into its individual items and
perform a particular task on it.  I have thus far been unable to solve this
for myself, and would greatful for assistance.

Thank you,
James

Re: Iterating a class list

Posted by Bill Rich <bi...@wilandra.com>.
Hi James.
Take a look at the Ant <apply> task or the antContrib <for> task either
of which could be useful to you for this particular case.

HTH Bill

Re: Iterating a class list

Posted by Wascally Wabbit <wa...@earthling.net>.
If you can use third party libraries see AntXtras(antxtras.sf.net);
you can do this like:

<foreach i="nextjar" list="${jarlist}" delim=";" mode="local">
    [your other ant script statements here using ${nextjar}]
</foreach>

-The Wabbit