Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2006/04/14 10:35:40 UTC

Jira migration note

Folks, we are starting JIRA migration to Apache. There will be some
downtime. Stay tuned!

Andrus

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I agree. I haven't thought much further beyond the need to preserve
all our data. I'll check with Jeff.

Andrus

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by Cris Daniluk <cr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I just had a chat with Jeff on IM - he says the process of importing
data into the existing instance is very involved, so he doesn't
expect it to happen soon. As a middle ground a single registration
point solution may be implemented [1]. Regarding possible downtime,
he says that it is the shared instance that is often having trouble
(I can confirm that - Apache Jira was down last night, while Cayenne
instance was running).

So I guess we'll stay on a dedicated instance for now.

[1] http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9930

Andrus

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Apr 17, 2006, at 7:21 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> Since Jeff has presumably set up other Apache projects similarly,
> maybe
> he has more ideas on how to integrate it better with the rest of
> Apache.
> For example, it would be nice if Cayenne could be listed with other
> projects at http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa and in
> the project pull down at
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa .
>
>  -jean

I guess this will require getting us on a shared instance all the
way. I'll check with Jeff on that.

Andrus

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
(dropping cayenne-user ....)

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Jira migration was successfully completed. Our new bug tracker is
located here:

http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/

I also updated the links on the main site and configured Apache to
rewrite old issue URLs and redirect to the new server. So old
bookmarks and links should continue to work. Existing user accounts
will continue to work.

One thing that was lost during the migration is a single registration
point for Jira and Confluence. Until we migrate Confluence to Apache
as well, all *new* users will have to register for Confluence access
under ObjectStyle Jira and for Jira - under Apache Jira.

Thanks to Jeff Turner for doing the migration!

Andrus

Re: Jira migration note

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.