Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "KAPOOR, Amit" <am...@ser.de> on 2001/02/02 12:47:49 UTC

FOP Example works!

Hello All,
 I would again like to thank all for helping me.
I hae FOP16 with xalan 2 and Xerces 123 working on my end.
I run its runtest.bat and it works and I get the output.
It converts all its .fo files from ...\docs\examples\fo\ directory to PDF
files.
If i try to run java org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine or XalanCommandLine
from DOS console, it gives me again the same problem.

C:\>java org.apache.fop.apps.XalanCommandLine c:\dev\amit\birds.xml
c:\dev\amit\birds.xsl c:\dev\amit\birds.pdf
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
null
using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
transforming to xsl:fo markup
xml: file:c:/dev/amit/birds.xml
xslt: file:c:/dev/amit/birds.xsl
using renderer org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer
using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
using property list mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping
using property list mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping
building formatting object tree
WARNING: Unknown formatting object ^
FATAL ERROR:

C:\>java org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine
c:\programme\fop16\docs\examples\fo\simple.fo
c:\programme\fop16\docs\examples\
simple.pdf
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
Unknown tag in configuration file:
null
using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
using renderer org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer
using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
using property list mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping
using property list mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping
building formatting object tree
WARNING: Unknown formatting object ^
FATAL ERROR:

Is it that I cannot convert from DOS?
If I want to convert an XML to PDF then how can I do?
I think I have to convert XML to .fo and from fo to pdf.
but for any .fo file FOP16 does not do, but it does for its own fo files. i
tried converting the .FO files by FOP but still the same problem.

Thanks a ton.

Amit Kapoor