Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by stu seven <st...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/01 00:03:02 UTC

cgi BUT no perl ?

   I have my apache setup working now for .html and .cgi files...

but I cannot get a file.pl to run... it pops up a widget and

asks me to save the file... does anyone know specifically how

to get  file.pl   type files to run ??

RE: cgi BUT no perl ?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: stu seven [mailto:stuseven@hotmail.com]

>    I have my apache setup working now for .html and .cgi files...
>
> but I cannot get a file.pl to run... it pops up a widget and
>
> asks me to save the file... does anyone know specifically how
>
> to get  file.pl   type files to run ??

Apache does not differentiate between .cgi and .pl unless you tell it to.
So why don't you start by telling us how you configured .cgi.  It also helps
to see relevant entries from the error and access logs.

Joshua.