Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lally Singh <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/20 05:39:47 UTC

Spring & Blocks question

Hey all, quick question.

  With Cocoon blocks (using maven 2 archetypes), how are the spring
configurations connected together?  If I define a bean called 'peel'
in a block called 'banana', and I'm in another block, do I refer to it
as 'peel' or 'banana.peel' ?

  Or even better, some pointers to docs on this.. I'm still wading my
way through the wiki, etc.

PDF with itext by Cocoon 2.1

Posted by km <km...@o2.pl>.
Hello

I need information, how can I make PDF with iText by Cocoon. Can someone gave me a link to tutorial? I didn't found any good info by google...

thanks
kris

Re: Spring & Blocks question

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Lally Singh napisał(a):

> Wonderful! Thanks. On a similar note, how do cocoon blocks connect
> their sitemaps together, and how does it involve the mountpoint?

Servlet service framework is used for this. Take a look on samples in
core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Spring & Blocks question

Posted by Lally Singh <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2/20/07, Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> wrote:
> Lally Singh wrote:
> > Hey all, quick question.
> >
> >  With Cocoon blocks (using maven 2 archetypes), how are the spring
> > configurations connected together?  If I define a bean called 'peel'
> > in a block called 'banana', and I'm in another block, do I refer to it
> > as 'peel' or 'banana.peel' ?
>
> Beans defined in COB-INF/config/spring are only available within the block, bean
> definied in META-INF/cocoon/spring are globally available and can be used from
> other blocks.
>
> Answering your question: You have to use "peel". This means that you have to
> take care for proper bean ids yourself.
>
> >  Or even better, some pointers to docs on this.. I'm still wading my
> > way through the wiki, etc.
>
> Unfortunatly there isn't a complete documentation about this. The best starting
> point for questions concerning "Cocoon with Spring" is
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-spring-configurator/g1/1304.html

Wonderful! Thanks.  On a similar note, how do cocoon blocks connect
their sitemaps together, and how does it involve the mountpoint?

Thanks again!

Re: Spring & Blocks question

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc