Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2006/10/03 12:41:18 UTC

Thoughts on structure for sending different Order formats to suppliers

In the supplier (PO) ordering, I would like to come up with a way
consistent with the svn to designate different ordering formats and
sending protocols.

Some require XML format FTP'd, Some HTML in the body of the email.
Others use the EDI with VANS.

I was thinking of something alone the lines of the Product Store Email
configuration page.

Like expand that page to communication, instead of emails only and
create more types. Possibly under Communications Events.

There would be extra fields in the Entity for protocol to use.

The actual data specific to the Supplier's form of communication would
be associated with party threw the ContactMech

Any Thoughts?

Re: Thoughts on structure for sending different Order formats to suppliers

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Thanks David:
yes custom code would be in certain circumstances.
But I see some common code for the setup.
Like there is an FTP service now in ofbiz, but it is not implemented at
a higher level.
There is some code for creating xfo documents for emails. So like that
put in code for creating XML and EDi orders, using the same type of UI.

David Welton sent the following on 10/3/2006 3:53 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I agree, I was hoping to make the configuration of each of the services,
thru the UI, so they could be done like the email services.
any comments on that?

David E Jones sent the following on 10/3/2006 4:41 AM:

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.

--
David N. Welton