Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by sv <sv...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/13 19:01:38 UTC

Possible issue with Web Console

Web Console, Configure -> Import from Database, select some tables, Download
project:
The downloaded .zip file does not contain any of the Model java classes for
the tables, and the XML file does not contain any queryEntities definitions
for any of the tables.  When I click on "Project Structure" before the
download, I clearly see all the Model classes in there, and when I look at
the 'Model' part of the UI, it shows all the fields that go into the
queryEntities section, but the export contains none of those.  What's more,
is that AFTER the export, all the Model classes disappear from the 'Project
Structure'.

I have tried:
- Web Agent 2.5 (Ignite cluster 2.5)
- Web Agent 2.6 (Ignite cluster 2.5)
The behaviour is identical in both cases.

I have also tried GridGain console (which is currently 2.4.4), and it works
perfectly.

Is this an issue with open source Web Console vs the GridGain version?

Re: Possible issue with Web Console

Posted by sv <sv...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!  Looking forward to 2.7.
I would suggest escalating this one to 'Critical', since it impacts a very
basic operation of Web Console, the very operation that is promoted in many
Ignite 'get started' videos.

Thank you,
--Stan

Re: Possible issue with Web Console

Posted by Vasiliy Sisko <vs...@gridgain.com>.
Hello @sv

Thank you for informing an error. I have reproduced it and created an issue
for fix. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9262.
Fix of that problem is expected in Ignite 2.7

Re: Possible issue with Web Console

Posted by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com>.
This is the commit https://github.com/apache/ignite/commit/bab61f1.
Fixed in 2.7.

Stan

Re: Possible issue with Web Console

Posted by vbm <bm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I can do the cherry-pick. Is this issue fixed in 2.7 ?
I checked the ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9262 but
was not able to find any commit id in it.

Regards,
Vishwas

Re: Possible issue with Web Console

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Vishwas,

You may clone Ignite repo and cherry-pick a commit.
And build from sources.

Will this work for you?

Posted by vbm <bm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Vasiliy Sisko <vs...@gridgain.com>.
Hello @sv
Problem is fixed and will be available in Ignite 2.7.
As a workaround you can download a valid configuration immediately after
configuration page refresh.

Re: Possible issue with Web Console

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi!

Could you describe how you are starting Web Console?
Also, from what DB you are importing tables?
Could you attach a SQL script that we can try to reproduce?

Import should work in open source Web Console.