Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by ismael GranPollÿfffff3n <in...@yahoo.es> on 2008/05/09 18:18:36 UTC

DeploymentException: Module was not an EJB: EntitiesES.jar

Hello. I am trying to migrate from JBoss to Geronimo, and I am having difficulties with my EJB jars. I am using Geronimo 2.1.1 and Geronimo 2.0.2, both of them with Tomcat. I get the following error:

 Unable to deploy: org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Module was not an EJB: EntitiesES.jar

I am trying to migrate an Ear application, I followed the EJB example from the wiki, but I cannot make my application to run. I hope someone can help, please ask me any doubt about the problem
The directories of my Ear are as follows:

EJBAplicationES.ear
+ META-INF
+ EJBModelES.jar
+ EJBAplicationES.war
+ EntitiesES.jar
+ database.xml

The "EntitiesES.jar" contains this:
+ es
+ META-INF

"es" folder have my ejbs, META-INF holds the "openejb-jar.xml" and "persistence.xml" archives. The contents of these are:

OPENEJB-JAR.XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1">
    <dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">

        <dep:moduleId>
                <dep:groupId></dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>EntitiesES</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:version></dep:version>
                <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
            </dep:moduleId>

        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>openjpa</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:type>car</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
        <dep:hidden-classes/>
        <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
    </dep:environment>

</openejb-jar>

PERSISTENCE.XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <persistence     xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
                xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.0"
                xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">

     <persistence-unit name="EJBAplicationES">

    <description>Entity Beans for EJBAplicationES</description>

        <class>es.model.document.entity.Document</class>
        <class>es.model.user.entity.Language</class>
        <class>es.model.user.entity.User</class>
        <class>es.model.util.parameter.entity.Parameter</class>

        <properties>
            <property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings" value="false" />
        </properties>

        <jta-data-source>database</jta-data-source>
        <non-jta-data-source>database</non-jta-data-source>

    </persistence-unit>

</persistence>

In the last one I declare the "database" datasource, I have that files but I think that there are too much code in this e-mail; feel free to ask me for this or other configuration files. Thank you for reading!

Enviado desde Correo Yahoo! La bandeja de entrada más inteligente.

Re: DeploymentException: Module was not an EJB: EntitiesES.jar

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jun 6, 2008, at 11:23 AM, hofmanndavid wrote:

> Hmm, I have exactly the same problem.
>
> Doesn't  the EJB3 spec state that there shoud be at least one
> session bean
> in a ejb module ?

Yes.  It has to have an ejb-jar.xml (with at least on ejb in it) or at
least one bean annotated with either @javax.ejb.MessageDriven,
@javax.ejb.Stateful, or @javax.ejb.Stateless

-David

Posted by hofmanndavid <ho...@gmail.com>.