Posted to user@click.apache.org by easydoor958 <ch...@valdoise.fr> on 2011/07/01 16:39:10 UTC

Re: Highlight table row

Hi Bob, Malcom and others ...
Thank you for your answer to my request

Re: Highlight table row

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
What Gilberto is trying to tell you is that noone knows your answer.

Bob

Re: Highlight table row

Posted by Easydoor958 <ch...@valdoise.fr>.
I'm waiting a real answer to my problem ...

Re: Highlight table row

Posted by Gilberto <gi...@gmail.com>.
Using the Mike Kienenberger words[1] from Apache Cayenne maillist. He
are talking about open source: Collaboration vs product(just replace
cayenne by click):

<quote>
Some practical applications of this are:

1) Filing requests for enhancements that you do not have any intention
to implement is pointless, unless you've already gathered the support
on the mailing list to implement the enhancement at some point,
typically by finding others who want the same functionality.
Sometimes the support is there, but it's a low priority, and filing
such an enhancement serves as a reminder.

2) Complaining about how Cayenne works differently than you expect
when you do not have any intention of implementing the new behavior is
pointless.   This is another variation of point 1).

3) Since all assistance and discussion is voluntary, exhibiting poor
communication skills will lead to no one talking to you.  This
includes berating those who try to help you.  It also includes asking
too many questions in too short a period of time since there is only a
limited amount time volunteers are willing to donate.

4) Sometimes you will have the right attitude and a real problem, but
you will get no help.  Typically, this means that no current member of
the community has had the same problem, nor any ideas what is causing
your problem.   It could also mean that they are too busy with their
own tasks to help you at this time.  This means you will have to
isolate the problem yourself and fix it yourself.

All that said, newcomers to the Cayenne community often comment on how
helpful and available the Cayenne community is compared to other
software collaborations.  Not only are most questions answered, but
guidance is typically available for implementing enhancements to the
code.
</quote>

Regards,

Gilberto Caetano de Andrade