Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/26 22:42:32 UTC

official vote requested for removing dav from JSPWiki

Currently, JSPWiki has (in theory) support for DAV.
This is contained in the packages org.apache.wiki.dav,
org.apache.wiki.dav.items and  org.apache.wiki.dav.methods.
The code does not work properly and it's also very hard to get it working in
the future.
But most important, the general sense is that it is not used much, or maybe
not at all.
The proposal is to completely remove this stuff from the codebase.

So this is an official request for a vote on this proposal.
Please reply with a +1 if you agree with the removal, or reply -1 if you
want to keep dav in the codebase (and hopefully help to support it too).

The vote period is 72 hours.

thanks,
Harry

Re: official vote requested for removing dav from JSPWiki

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
+1

  On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently, JSPWiki has (in theory) support for DAV.
> This is contained in the packages org.apache.wiki.dav,
> org.apache.wiki.dav.items and  org.apache.wiki.dav.methods.
> The code does not work properly and it's also very hard to get it working in
> the future.
> But most important, the general sense is that it is not used much, or maybe
> not at all.
> The proposal is to completely remove this stuff from the codebase.
>
> So this is an official request for a vote on this proposal.
> Please reply with a +1 if you agree with the removal, or reply -1 if you
> want to keep dav in the codebase (and hopefully help to support it too).
>
> The vote period is 72 hours.
>
> thanks,
> Harry

Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>                              ===  = =

        In the evening
        The rice leaves in the garden
        Rustle in the autumn wind
        That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu

Re: official vote requested for removing dav from JSPWiki

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

nice weekend,
jp

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.
+1

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.
+1.

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1

Which summarizes to:
 7 times +1
 0 times  0
 0 times -1

It's clear that we have reached an agreement on removing dav support.

I will file a JIRA issue for the record.

thanks,
Harry