Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Wei Zhao <we...@astound.ai> on 2018/08/09 18:36:25 UTC

Change Solr scorer for version 4.10, cloud mode

Hi,

I have been trying to change Solr scorer for version 4.10, cloud mode. I
have managed to change the schema.xml in the zookeeper to add the following
lines:

 <!-- <similarity class="solr.BM25SimilarityFactory"/> -->
  <similarity class="org.apache.lucene.search.similarities.
LMDirichletSimilarity"/>

The commented line was also tried. So I have tried different syntax, using
factory without identifying additional parameters or using default,
BM25 or LMDirichlet
similarity. However, no matter how I did that, the final matching score
never changed.

I'm using standard query with lots of boosting such as title:apple^4.

Please let me know what I missed to change the scorer. Thank you.

Regards,

Wei